Schools in Training
Thanks for visiting the Schools in Training section of PBISEvalMN. This section includes:
- A data calendar,
- Implementation fidelity assessments your school will be using to ensure your PBIS efforts result in improved outcomes (the Self-Assessment Survey, or SAS and the Tiered Fidelity Inventory, or TFI),
- A form to request data reports your team will use to continuously improve your PBIS implementation,
- A place to submit Office Discipline Referral (ODR) data to get a triangle report if your team does not use the School-Wide Information System (SWIS), and
- Resources for Action Planning.
Why use data if we are just getting started?
Collecting and using data are core components of PBIS. Doing these things will help your team monitor and share progress in both PBIS implementation fidelity and student outcomes (behavior). Using data to action plan also informs what your school is doing well and areas for growth.
Research that included PBIS implementing schools in Minnesota and in other states has shown that school team actions, especially the frequency of sharing data with the whole school staff, are statistically significantly related to PBIS sustainability, as shown in the bullet list below. (McIntosh et al., 2014)
#1 Predictor of PBIS Sustainability = Team Sharing Data
- School team/staff skill,
- Regular team meetings,
- Data collection,
- Use of data for decision making,
- Presenting data to staff & community.